Ortho-Bionomy NZ was originally incorporated as a non-profit society in 1992 to promote this effective system of gentle bodywork and oversee the professional training programmes for Practitioners and Instructors.
The Association of NZ Ortho-Bionomists Inc was a founding Member of the NZ Charter of Health Practitioners. In September 1995 Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Incorporated was registered with the Incorporated Societies, and is a current Member of Natural Health Practitioners New Zealand (whose role is to ensure that Members’ Practitioners meet the high standards set by the Charter).
Use of Trademarks
Ortho-Bionomy and the sand dollar logo/device are registered trademarks of Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Incorporated
You must be a current financial member of Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Incoporated who has met the standard required and has received permission from Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Incorporated before you can use one or either of these trademarks
Trademark Guidelines and Member Agreement
The Association encourages its members to promote their individual Ortho-Bionomy practices in ways that maintain the integrity and reputation of Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Inc’s programs and services.
Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Inc. owns these registered trademarks: Ortho-Bionomy® and the Sand Dollar design, and has exclusive use of the word Ortho-Bionomy and the Sand Dollar logo within New Zealand.
Only a fully qualified Practitioner, Advanced Practitioner or Instructor has the right to use the title of Ortho-Bionomist and the Sand Dollar logo providing:
(1) they are current financial members, and
(2) they meet the criteria set down to hold current annual practising certificates.
(3) All Ortho-Bionomy promotional material must have the approval of the Management Committee before you can use it for the public.
(4) The Ortho-Bionomy Management Committee has the power to withdraw or limit any or all use of the word Ortho-Bionomy and the Sand Dollar logo by any members either individually or collectively. Such action may be enforced by legal action including in cases of non-compliance of such restrictions.
Practitioner and Instructor Members
All Ortho-Bionomy promotional material must have the approval of the Management Committee before you can use it for the public.
(1) Practitioners and Instructors can use the trademarks Ortho-Bionomy®, Ortho-Bionomy® New Zealand and Sand Dollar logo in promoting their Ortho-Bionomy practice or teaching.
(2) Practitioner Members can also use the phrase “Practitioner of Ortho-Bionomy®” in promotional literature. Instructor Members can use the phrase “Registered Instructor of Ortho-Bionomy®.”
(3) The Sand Dollar trademark may be used in any size, but it may not be modified in any other way. The Sand Dollar trademark must always be accompanied by the symbol “®”.
(4) The Sand Dollar logo cannot be used as a personal logo.
(5) In order to ensure that Ortho-Bionomy training meets the standards of the Association, Instructor Members must submit their instructional materials to the Association for review and approval.
(6) A trademark disclaimer must be included in every document or publication, except on business cards, as follows: ‘Ortho-Bionomy®’ is a registered trademark of Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Inc and is used with permission.’ OR ‘Ortho-Bionomy® and the Sand Dollar are registered trademarks of the Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Inc. and are used with permission.’
(7) The word ‘Ortho-Bionomy’ cannot be used as part of a web-site address or an email address.
(1) Student Members can state that they are student members of Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Inc ®.
(2) All merchandise (unless specified for Practitioner use only) on the OBNZ website is approved for use by student members to assist in informing their clients about Ortho-Bionomy, provided that it is not amended or altered in any way to promote individual businesses.
(3) Student Members cannot use the Sand Dollar trademark or the stylized Ortho-Bionomy logo.
(4) Students who have commenced training but not yet met the approved minimum criteria cannot use the term Ortho-Bionomy, the stylized Ortho-Bionomy logo, or the Sand Dollar trademark in promotional literature nor list ‘Ortho-Bionomy’ as one of their bodywork modalities.
(5) Student Members may apply to use the word Ortho-Bionomy on promotional material after meeting certain criteria. Please contact the Secretary for more details (link to secretary). All Ortho-Bionomy promotional material must have the approval of the Management Committee before you can use it for the public.
(6) Where student members have been approved to use the term Ortho-Bionomy, a trademark disclaimer must be included in every document or publication, except on business cards, as follows: ‘Ortho-Bionomy®’ is a registered trademark of Ortho-Bionomy New Zealand Inc and is used with permission.
(7) Student members applying to use the Association trademarks cannot in any way suggest they have completed the Association Practitioner Programme. They cannot use the words “registered,” “practitioner,” “advanced practitioner”, “instructor,” “advanced instructor” in conjunction with the term Ortho-Bionomy®.
(8) The word ‘Ortho-Bionomy’ cannot be used as part of a web-site address or an email address